Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dear Buffy,

Hey B, How's it going? Yesterday I went to this party and I wish you had been there. It was crowded and big and I didn't know anyone and creepy menfolk talked to me and I freaked out. I don't know why I am still this way at my age. You could handle yourself when you were 16, and I'm almost 25 and I still act like a baby all the time. A guy came up to me at this bar, put his hand on my lower back (already an offense worthy of me and Willow hexing him) and he said, "Hey what's your underwear situation?" I started shaking because I felt so objectified and hopped off my stool and yelled "That is not an okay thing to say to someone." His witty retort was, "What's wrong with you; were you raped?" TRUE STORY. I was so uncomfortable. I hate menfolk. Why would he say that to me? I didn't do anything mean to him! Can you slay someone for being a douchebag? Does that count as demon?

I hate feeling like a sexual object. I hate getting it at work and I hate getting it at bars and I hate getting it in comedy club environments. It makes me feel like I don't have any power, like it's a show of dominance. It's horrible.

Anyway, new comic this week? Feels like it's been a while. We should catch up. I'm excited to see what your body was doing while you were away... like if there was a robot brain in there? Gosh I am so jealous of your life.

love, Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment