Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dear Buffy,

Hey B,

How's everything? 5 by 5? 5 by 4 and 1/4 inches? I think it's cool to just say your height when people ask you how it's going. A few days ago I did a show where the mic stand was really heavy and everyone commented on it. I went last and moved the mic stand out of the way with one hand very deftly. Someone was like, "wow, she's strong but so little." And without thinking I replied, "Yeah, I'm a vampire slayer." And the audience laughed!

I don't really think I'm strong enough to be considered a slayer so I'm not sure why that came out of my mouth. I don't identify as a slayer or a leader or a person with strength to stand up for others. I wish I was. Mostly I wish I was part of something, like the slayer line.

Remember when the first (as you!) was like: "Into every generation, a Slayer is born. One girl in all the world. She alone will have the strength and skill to... There's that word again. What you are. How you'll die... alone. Where's your snappy comeback?"

That's how I feel lately: intrinsically alone by the definition of my being. 

Hope everything is totes peaches for you. 

love, Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment