Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dear Buffy,



Hai hai girl! I'm at work at my day job. It's slightly more glamorous than slinging "chicken" at the happy meat palace, but not by much. Comedy is going okay. I'm not quite working hard enough. I guess you could say I'm struggling a bit socially and artistically. I work really hard on my art but I feel estranged and held at a distance by people, or perhaps I do that part to myself. I don't know. Every day I write incessently. Every night I perform until I'm exhausted... Every single night the same arrangement. I go out and fight the fight. Still I always feel the strangest estrangement...I've been going through the motions...

Phew, that was weird. I don't know why I started singing all of the sudden.

Anyway. I can tell I'm depressed because I can't wait to tell YOU about it. That would be my "You know you're a redneck" bit. You know you're depressed when you can't wait to vent to a semi-fictional mythological heroine. You know you're depressed when you eat pizza twice in one day, and both those meals are dinner. I could go on.

I hope you are doing well. You are such a beautiful bright shining light of love that envelopes, warms, and protects your friends and family unconditionally. I want to be like that when I grow up.

I miss you. 
Babs


No comments:

Post a Comment