Friday, October 31, 2014

Dear Buffy,

Hey Bb! Happy Halloweeeeeeen!

Halloween is supposed to be the one day of the year (in the Buffyverse) when demons take the night off from inflecting evils. If we're going to carry this metaphor into my life (as I always do) that would mean tonight is the night in which all of my inner demons (anxiety, depression, struggling with comedy, boys, friendships, etc) chill the heck out. Well, we'll see! I think I love Halloween because I love the escapism of dressing up and I love watching scary movies and thinking about ghosts and goblins and anything in the fantasy realm, because it takes me away from my own life. I love ghosts and vampires and witches because when they're around everyone is as scared and anxious as I am EVERY DAY EVER. I have to go to LA next week and audition for this thing,... and I'm second guessing all of my powers and abilities. I feel like I'm battling Glory, and I can't beat her, but I have to keep fighting, or quit.

love, Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment