Monday, May 13, 2013

Dear Buffy,

Hey girl! Sorry for saying "hey girl" that's not me. That's not us, our speech patterns. I hear a lot of men say that to each other lately and then laugh as if to say "wouldn't it be silly if we were girls? HAHAHA that is so ridiculous!" I don't like it. It seems like gender politics has been coming up a lot lately in the comedy community. It's weird that when you were in high school, over 13 years ago,  things seemed more progressive as far as sexual dynamics went, or maybe everyone was too worried about vampires and werewolves and apocolypses to say "hey you're a tiny little girl, you can't be a superhero!"

Hope Dawnie is okay. My heart goes out to you. I'm sending good vibes her way. Nothing is harder than fearing you're losing your sibling, the person you're closest too by blood and by love.

love, Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment