Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dear Buffy

Hey B,

It's that time of year again! Happy birthday us. Do you celebrate your birthday on the day of your actual birth or your rebirth or your other rebirth? Like you I always seem to have a dissappointing birthday. It always brings to light how alone I am, how insignificant my own birth was, and how few people care enough that I was born to celebrate it. I mean, it's nothing quite so dramatic as getting a box with an arm, losing your virginity, getting trapped in your house, but still, I feel so outcasted, so alone, I feel that I'm such a monster: "I'm the thing that monsters have nightmares about." I'm 28! An age you'll never be, an age most slayers don't see. I haven't done anything. I haven't saved the world, or even really anyone at all. I've barely helped, barely made a positive impact. If anything, I've caused more mayhem and destruction than good. Maybe I need to go on a long heartbreaking mission of redemption (though I doubt I could give up sex like Angel.)

Anyway.


"What did you do for your birthday?"

"I got older."

Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment